We look forward to hosting you in New York City, May 8 to 11, at CO-OP THINK 17, when we’ll all be embarking on a journey toward Digital Transformation. This is your chance to gain valuable insights and learn how digital, payments, experience and an innovation culture will transform our industry.
In case the prospect of launching your customized digital transformation journey isn’t enough, we wanted to share an additional 11.5 things you shouldn’t miss at THINK 17:
- THINK 17 takes place right at the center of one of the world’s most visited places. Times Square accommodates 360,000 visitors per day, which means more than 131 million people pass through Times Square each year. Watch your wallet: For every dollar a tourist spends in New York City, 22 cents is spent in Times Square.
- We’ve assembled the best tour guides and hosts to launch and accompany you on your digital transformation journey: authors, consultants, innovation gurus, founders, industry experts and many surprises.
- The Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, our event space, is one of the 100 tallest hotels in the world.
- Todd Clark, President & CEO of CO-OP Financial Services, will share his vision and explain what credit unions can expect while CO-OP undertakes its own digital transformation journey.
- While you enjoy a stroll around New York in your off hours, remember that if everyone lived as densely as they do in Manhattan, the human race could fit in New Zealand.
- In Chicago a few years ago, Cory Booker shared an African proverb with the THINK audience: If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. In this spirit, we offer a networking lounge for you to recharge, connect and relax between sessions.
- While you enjoy a cocktail at the THINK 17 Celebration Event at Tavern on the Green, remember that some of the topiary trimmed into submission by Edward in Tim Burton’s Edward Scissorhands are permanently displayed right where you are standing now.
- Bill Taylor, one of our keynote speakers, couldn’t describe THINK 17 better: “Vuja dé is the flip side of [déjà vu] — looking at a familiar situation (an industry you’ve worked in for decades, products you’ve worked on for years) as if you’ve never seen it before, and, with that fresh line of sight, developing a distinctive point of view on the future.”
- Three words: drinks and talks. Join the CO-OP team at spots around New York City for deeper dive discussions on the topics of the day, or just a casual chat. And, of course, the occasional drink.
- Look around: When Dutch colonists purchased Manhattan in 1626, it cost them the equivalent of $1,050 in today’s money. Since then, Manhattan real estate has become among the most expensive in the world. The value of Manhattan island is estimated to exceed $3 trillion today.
- Want to start following some of our key contributors on Twitter? Laszlo Bock @LaszloBock2718, Todd Clark, @ToddClarkCEO, Samantha Paxson @samsmythpaxson, John Buzzard @coopfraudbuzz, Bill Taylor @williamctaylor, David Rogers @David_Rogers, Aaron Dignan @aarondignan, Stephen Wunker @NewMktsAdvisors, Karen Webster @karenmpd, Tom Goodwin @tomfgoodwin, Michelle McKenna Doyle @nflcio, Dan Pontefract @dpontefract, Rowan Gibson @rowangibson, Bud Caddell @bud_caddell
And in case you have enough time to look at the moon during your busy four days at THINK 17: Just for you, we ordered the special Full Flower or Big Leaf Moon
And, in case, you haven’t registered yet, a few spots are still available. Hurry up, register now.