As ad formats get smaller and faster (think 135 characters in a Facebook ad or the new, oh-so-everywhere 15-second TV spots), it’s easier and cheaper than ever to get your message out. The downside? Less space and fewer words tease but they don’t engage. Even when readers want to know more about your products, services and expertise, they don’t get the message thanks to insta-ads and gnat-like attention spans. Content marketing expert Joe Pulizzi has a solution. Instead of spending every available dollar on traditional ads, mix in substantive content with the editorial firepower to enlighten, entertain and connect emotionally. A few ideas:
- Custom magazines geared toward your members’ areas of interest.
- In-person seminars and workshops that showcase your expertise.
- Blogs and social media posts that invite two-way conversation.
- White papers and e-books.
- Articles for publication in local papers or magazines that tell real success stories related to your membership.