Yes, February 26 is National Pistachio Day. This nut has some interesting names across the world and one such name is famous in China as “The Happy Nut”. In Iran, it is called “The Smiling Nut”. And if you hear the pistachio shell open while you are sitting under a pistachio tree, it is considered a sign of good luck endowing on you.
While you chew on that, we discover why Africa and Fintech equals disruption, the 6 secrets to success, why we all need to sleep more, explore the new mind control, discuss why the leadership industry rules and invite you to a special event.
– Africa’s big banks are betting on Fintech startups and Bitcoin to beat disruption. “The banking sector in Africa is going to be disrupted faster than anywhere else in the world.”
– We are not the biggest fans of lists but this is surprisingly good: “Secrets to Success: 6 tips from the most successful people.” Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
– The proven link between effective leadership and getting enough sleep. “It’s time for organizations to find ways of countering the employee churn, lost productivity and increased health care costs resulting from insufficient sleep.”
– The new mind control. The Internet has spawned subtle forms of influence that can flip elections and manipulate everything we say, think and do. “The new hidden persuaders are bigger, bolder and badder than anything ever envisioned. If we choose to ignore this, we do so at our peril.”
– Shut up and sit down. Why the leadership industry rules. “A sense of perspective may be among the most critical leadership qualities. For better or worse, however, it’s the one we ask our leaders to hide.”
Bonus Link: Re-envision what “People helping People” means in 2016 and beyond at the industry’s most innovative thought leadership event.
Feel free to share these links and add your picks on Twitter, Facebook or wherever you play.