CHECK YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR TO BE AN EFFECTIVE LEADER
Susan Packard, Co-Founder of HGTV, discussed the emergence of the successful TV network and learnings to be applied for Credit Unions. Stay fresh
- What image is your Credit Union projecting when members walk into your door? Does it feel like a lively, human place or like a tomb?
- You need to take your mission very seriously, but no so much yourself.
- Focus is a very important part of being successful.
- Does your Credit Union project the same image, the same visuals throughout all of your branches and marketing materials.
- Stay true to your mission
- Once you live your values, they will expand beyond your company to your customers.
- Susan Packard defined collaboration as ” Checking your ego at the door to be an effective leader.”
- Be an inclusive leader
- Treat every employee like an executive.