“There are no magic wands, and no secret handshakes that can bring you immediate success, but with time, energy, and determination you can get there.” – Darren Rowse Dave Robinson, CEO of O’Leary and Partners, started the session with above quote and other insights from marketing experts that emphasized how marketing has transformed in the last few years. Debbie Larson, branch manager of Dakota Plains FCU in Enderlin, ND, faced interesting challenges: A small market, customers afraid of change and an extremely limited marketing budget. She transformed that challenge into an opportunity:
- We all have a box – the way we used to do things.
- We need to step out of the box and turn things upside down.
- We need to tap into our creativity and come up with innovative ideas by tapping into the minds of your employees and stakeholders.
- Find outside inspiration, be silly and enjoy yourself. (Free Father’s Day Car Wash, Christmas in July, Free Dog Wash during the Dog Days of Summer, etc.)
- Reward the cooperative spirit: Teaming up with local fire department, teaming up with the food cooperative, etc.