A new report from Celent says all financial institutions regardless of size — both big and small — are “blowing it.” Smaller banking providers deliver a better branch experience than larger financial institutions, but CX shortcomings in digital channels imperil their future. Conversely, big banks are digitally more sophisticated but struggle with in-person service. Who’s winning?
- Big Banks blow it in branches, smaller institutions have digital Achilles heel. “Celent believes banking providers of all sizes are “blowing it.” Big banks are not keeping the level of personal service in their branch networks where it needs to be, while small banks and credit unions aren’t keeping up with rising consumer expectations in digital channels.”
- A report that's worth flipping through: the State of Artificial Intelligence in 2018.
- There are two types of machine learning – businesses that don't understand the difference will fail at machine learning.
- Marketers who use email to communicate have a number of challenges – particularly to stand out in the inbox – yet few are employing competitive intelligence as a means to gain an advantage.
- Facebook is taking a risk as it pushes its facial recognition software. Does Facebook have enough trust at this point to try something this risky?
- Automated machine learning and automated data science are two separate things. Don't confuse them.
- Part of being a good leader is asking the right questions, but we don't always get training in that area. Here then, from HBR, is how to ask great questions.