A few days ago, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers partner Mary Meeker shared at the yearly Recode Conference her annual Internet Trends Report. Or, as some people call it “the most anticipated slide deck of the year.” 355 slides of insights and fast takes. A few highlights:
- The global smartphone marketing is getting saturated.
- Time spent using the Internet on mobile devices ticked up again in 2016 to 5.6 hours, up from 5.4 in 2015.
- The visual web continues to grow in importance and sophistication
- Image-recognition and voice-activation are increasingly replacing typing, particularly on mobile.
- Media disruption continues at a “torrid pace”: Netflix went from zero to 30% of the U.S. home entertainment market in 10 years.