Valerie Morris hosted a panel discussion with Nancy Hill (AAAA), Caroline Lane (CO-OP Financial Services), Jeff Manning and Brett King to explore the take-aways of THINK 11.
- Caroline Lane said that Credit Unions are often too modest and don’t communicate their strengths well enough.
- Brett King argued that Credit Unions need to talk the talk. More importantly, they have to walk the walk. Embrace experimentation and provide a more delightful experience.
- Nancy Hill, a proud member of a Credit Union, compared the communications between banks and Credit Unions. Her bank has apps and is more accessible but the Credit Union is almost not on her radar.
- Jeff Manning: Be humble and admit that you don’t know everything.
- Caroline Lane: If we stay fragmented, our category will not survive.
- Brett King: The importance of Social Media and mobile. Appoint somebody at a very senior level to oversee these initiatives.
- Nancy Hill: Start with small wins.